Friday, September 23, 2011

First Egg




Thanks to our lovely Rhode Island Red hen appropriately named "Red"; we now have a working farm!
We were all so excited to hold this warm, brown wonder in our hands and ooh and ahh over it for quite a while.

All the care and cleaning of these funny birds is worth every minute and penny when we factored in the awe of seeing and feeling that first egg. Such a magical experience for both the adults and kids alike. We're hoping that finding the eggs never becomes a chore or something boring. Right now we
can't imagine a day when we won't jump up and down and celebrate when we find an egg tucked into a special nest that one of our "girls" designed for it.....






    











The Hen
Chicken needs me every day
I give her food and water
When I let her out to play
She prefers the teeter totter
She catches bugs around my yard
I run to catch them with her
I love her very much you see
We have such fun, my hen and me!





No comments:

Post a Comment